Friday 4 May 2012

Carers Trust Conference: Leeds

What a week ! or should I say What A Great Week !

Having made the 5.45 Tuesday morning train to Leeds with 2 over-sized suitcases, a couple of pasting board tables, 3 large bags and a totally helpful assistant for the day, Sue, we dived into our doorstopper sandwiches and configured the route from the station to the Carers Trust Conference venue - Park Plaza. Not even as difficult as choosing the sandwich content ... it was directly across the road!

I just wanted to say thanks to Blackpool Carers for inviting me along and to Carers Trust for letting me spread out my Creative Writing and Drawing Interactive Books, Memory Boxes, Dementia Day Planners, Signage and Prompts for people with short term memory difficulties.

I really enjoyed sharing information with Support Workers, Team Leaders and Seminar hosts from Caring Centres all over the UK. 

Thanks to everyone for your interest. 

Looking forward to meeting up in the future.

I've been considering a UK tour and wondering how I might co-ordinate this with the many requests I received during the day.

Ideas on a postcard, facebook, phone or email me ... happydayspublishing@yahoo.co.uk

Happy Days,
Gillian


No comments:

Post a Comment