Saturday 30 April 2011

Writing Exercise Number 3 - The Sentence ...

I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence here. This simple excercise has prompted many poems for me.

Basically, finish the sentence ...


The train ...

When the rain stopped ...

From her expression, I knew that ...

In the road ahead, I could see that ...

In the corner of the room, a ...

Beyond the smog ...

He would never know how ...

When the music ended ...

I know, cliche after cliche [even without the accent on the e] ... and you're all wincing at it - the exercise not the cliche [or maybe the accent as well?] ...Hey ho. But honestly, have a go.

Make your own starters and see where they take you.
Email some to me and I'll post them for all to share: gmhesketh@googlemail.com

Enjoy, Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment