Saturday 13 August 2011

I Just Love this Bookshop ...

I do love this bookshop ...

You don't get overheated.

[Waterstones]

You don't get pushed about.

[WH Smith]

You don't feel rushed.

[Airport]

You're not overloaded with lights and titles.

[Sorry Borders, are you still there?]

Your eyes don't throb in their sockets.

[Amazon]

You can take your time browsing, make a stress-free choice; best-sellers, events, writing workshops, book groups.

The only problem might be travel. It is, of course, in London.

Shop online ... http://www.bricklanebookshop.com/

Gillian

1 comment:

  1. I visited Brick Lane this time last year, to go to Rough Trade East records shop. Lovely area. Accurate observations about the other chain-stores - WHSmith certainly true. Waterstones always strikes me as a shop that wants to be a library - I expect someone to tell me to 'shush' at any moment!

    ReplyDelete