Tuesday, 14 June 2011
Introducing my next project ...
So, I've decided to make a Pamphlet ... of Poetry.
I've got a collection of poems to choose from [only a couple of hundred, so it shouldn't take long].
I've been to speak to the printer.
I'm thinking texture, dahling, colour, more texture, font, layout, maybe a couple of poems here and there...
To tell you the truth, I'm fed up of searching through poetry competitions ... I'm thakful for the opportunities I've had so far, maybe ten or so poems published, but the next level seems like [apologies in advance for the idiom] being spotted would be like finding a needle in a haystack or winning the lottery. Yes, I know the cream always comes to the top [Oops, there I go again] but there seems to be sooo much cream, that I feel like semi-skinned most of the time.
However, a challenge is always good for the brain cells. I've got lots of ideas, colours, styles, marketing concepts running around in my head every minute of the day [and most of the night] ... So I'm going to follow my instincts and get on with this as priority project ... that is in between editing the children's novel, Ramper Pot Mysteries ~ The Hideaway and building Verity's character ready for the big one ... 'that' novel.
I would just like to say a big thank you to The Stapler, for holding the proto-type thin papered pamphlet in place for the photo shoot and everyone that has helped me get to this stage already.
Here's to ... The Pamphlet ...